If you own Honor 8 then there is good news for you Now you can Update your Honor 8 android version to the Android 7.1 Via CM 14.1 ( CyanogenMod 14.1) Unofficial. CyanogenMod has released unofficial CM 14.1 for Honor 8 users. So today we will show you How to Update Honor 8 to Android 7.1 Via UnOfficial CM 14.1 (CM 14.1 for Honor 8 )
The update is in initial stage so it may contain some bug but it will be fixed soon but the best news is that you can now enjoy all new features of Android Nougat via Unofficial CM 14.1 it has some Nougat features and CM features like LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App, etc. ( CM 14.1 for Honor 8 )
Before Jumping to the installation process, it is highly recommends you to root your mobile and install latest recovery such as TWRP in your mobile and unlock the bootloader as well. Gadgetcontroller.com is not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile during the process. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. CM 14.1 for Honor 8
- Charge your mobile’s battery up to 80%.
- Backup important apps , messages and contacts.
- CWM or TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Do not try this guide on any other android device.
Download Unofficial CM 14.1 for Honor 8
Download Gapps for CM 14.1
How to Update Honor 8 to Android 7.1 Via UnOfficial CM 14.1
- Paste the both CM 14.1 and gapps files on your mobile SD Card.
- After that boot your mobile into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
- In TWRP Recovery mode you will see all these options
- Now in TWRP, tap on wipe and do wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition
- Go back, Tap on install and select CM 14.1 file and flash it
- After that, install Gapps like this too.
- Now reboot your device.
- Done !
Congratulations ! you have successfully installed CM 14.1 for Honor 8