Great News for you guys Lineage has released Lineage 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S5 users as you know that Lineage 14.1 is based on Android 7.1. Now the users can enjoy all new android 7.1 features and can experience it.The Rom is in initial stage so it may contain bugs but don’t worry it will be fixed soon in future but the best part is that you can now enjoy android 7.1 via Lineage 14.1 Rom. This ROM has all Android 7.1 Nougat features so let’s started to the installation process. Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5.
- Make sure to backup your important data, apps, contacts, and messages. this process will delete all you data.
- Make sure to first charge your mobile up to 60%.
- This ROM is only made for Galaxy S5 users do not ever try to flash this ROM on any other device.
- A custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed in order to flash this ROM.
Note: Gadgetcontroller.com is not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile during this process you have to do it at your own risk. don’t worry if you follow this guide carefully then nothing will go wrong.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 For Galaxy S5
Download Gapps For Android 7.1
How to Install Lineage 14.1 Nougat on Galaxy S5
- First of all, you have to download both files from above links and paste them in your SD card.
- Switch off your mobile and boot your mobile into TWRP recovery or CWM.
- In TWRP recovery you will see the following options.
- Now you have to tap on wipe and do wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition.
- After that go back and tap on install
- Select the Lineage 14.1 Zip file and flash it.
- Now wait until the installation gets done.
- Now after that go back and again tap on install.
- Select the Gapps file and install it
- Reboot your device
- Done !!
You have successfully installed Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1 Nougat) on Galaxy S5.