If You own Xiaomi Redmi 1s and want to update its android version to latest one then yes you are at right place today we are going to share killer method of Updating Xiaomi Redmi 1s to Android Nougat 7.1 which is the latest version of the android this update is official CM 14.1 update. The one and only biggest CyanogenMod group has launched official CM 14.1 update for Redmi 1s.
This is nightly rom for Redmi 1s that mean you may not be able to use some features but you can experience all new android nougat 7.1 at some extent. this is custom rom not official Android update for Redmi 1s so this rom may contains little bugs so flash it at your own Risk.
You May Also Like : How to Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 7.1
- Backup all you important Data , apps , messages and contacts.
- Charge your mobile phone upto 50-80%.
- Do not try to flash this rom on devices other than Redmi 1s this rom is only made for Xiaomi Redmi 1s.
- Custom Recovery must be installed.
- Your Mobile’s bootloader must be unlocked in order to flash the rom.
Download Latest CM 14.1 Build For Redmi 1s
Download Gapps For Redmi 1s
- You cannot access the sdcard with CM File Manager.
How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 1s To Android 7.1 Using CM 14.1 ( Official Rom )
- First of all download the latest build and gapps from above and copy it in your mobile’s SD Card.
- Now boot your mobile into recovery mode by pressing Volume up button and Power button at a same time.
- Now In Recovery mode your screen would look like this :
- Tap on wipe and do wipe data factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Go back and tap on install button.
- Select the build which you pasted in your SD Card.
- Flash it and wait until the installation got done.
- Again go to install and select gapps
- Flash gapps also.
- After all that go back and Reboot Your Mobile device.
- Done !
Congratulations ! you have successfully installed Android 7.1 On Your Redmi 1s Via CM 14.1.
Source : XDA
Stay Tuned !