Redmi Note 3 is very powerful device which comes with Android lolipop version but thats not mean that we can update our android’s version to latest one. 😛 our friend abhishek , men_in_black and the strix made our this dream came true. now we can update our android version to 7.1 using CyanogenMod 14.1. So read this article carefully and yes don’t skip any step of this article 🙂
- You must have any custom recovery installed like CWM or TWRP.
- You have to backup your device likes apps and messages , phone numbers which are saved in internal storage of your mobile.
- Charge your phone upto 80%.
- This stock rom is only work for Redmi Note 3 don’t try to install it in any other device like Redmi 2 or Redmi Prime etc.
Installation Proccess :-
- If you downloaded the all the files in your pc then connect your mobile to P.C/Lappy with the help of USB cable.
- Now copy the all downloaded file in your mobile’s SD card.
- Now disconnect your mobile
- Now boot your mobile into recovery mode to do First switch off your mobile then press and hold Volume Up and Power button at a same time.
- Once you reach the recovery mode you will see many option there like this ( If you have TWRP installed )
- Now you Go to wipe and do wipe data , wipe cache , wipe partition and factory reset.
- After that go to install
- Now select the CM 14.1 build and swipe to start the flashing process.
- Once installation got finished Go to again install
- Now select the volte working firmware and flash it too.
- Now after when this installation also get done.
- Flash the gapps by repeating the same process 🙂 .
- DONE !
Great ! you have successfully installed Android 7.1 using CM 14.1.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
- Video Playback
- you tell me 😉